Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Death of a Tolerance

So here I am, in Al Asad, my new duty station. I can hardly describe this as a deployment, since my job is basically to sit on my ass and watch movies on the share drive. However there is still a major significance to me during this faggotry.

Before coming out here, I had been in the states for over two years consecutively. Over that period of time i built up by far and away the most impressive tolerance of my life. during the run up to the deployment, a 12 pack was used nightly to get myself a little bit drowsy so i could sleep. Whenever the other recalls asked about my drinking, the hows and whys always came back to my time in the golden years of the Nightowls. Of course they didnt fully understand, but a few of them were eager to join in and be summarily punished by the flavaz.

I will greatly miss this tolerance, even though it cost a fucking fortune to drink when i wanted to.

Fez, your trip to philly is definetly one of the greatest things i have ever read. That weekend should have its own campaign medal for all involved.

Blaze, How have you not been promoted yet? The latest post about you seals what should have already been a deal. Senior Nightowl it is.

peace for now bitches, Gunnamatna.

2 comments:

Fez said...

Well my friend, i am glad you approved, i have found a place in Sierra Vista that is fantastic. It is called Rendevous and i have gotten hammered there. Total Bill, 40 bucks... Hammered for forty is a deal.

Blaze said...

Dude, I have been what i like to call a stealthy kind of guy. Flying under the radar of the police but at the same time the absolute craziness that could ensue.